Harman plays the role of Yogesh, a Gujarati Patel boy who is an MBA and well settled in US, when his family calls him to India urgently and force him to get married within 15 days. Apparently, the family is neck deep in debt and some astrologer has predicted that Yogesh will become a billionnaire the day he gets married. So, every one is now behind him to get married.
His uncle, Devu, played by Darshan Jariwala, arranges for him to meet 176 girls. Now, Yogesh has an idea. A book by the same name as the movie, fascinates him and he thinks he should give himself 12 chances to fall in love. So, he decides to meet 12 different girls, each from the 12 different Zodiac signs. So, devu starts arranging for these girls. Each of the 12 characters have been played by Priyanka Chopra. Finally, he decides to marry one of them. Which one and why? For that you will have to watch the movie🙂
Let me now cut a long story short and tell you the strenghts and weaknesses of the movie.
- Ashutosh’s narrative – It flows beautifully with the movie.
- Excellent support cast – The entire Gujarati support cast is fabulous! They give an authentic gujarati feel to the movie.
- Excellent choreography – Seen some really new funky steps on the screen after a long time!
- The movie is too long – Could be easily cut short by a good 45-50 mins
- Bad music – The songs are not very pleasant to listen to.
- Too many songs – There is a song for every girl he meets. That starts getting on the head after a while – The concept was good, but every song is 3-5 mins long which becomes too much to tolerate. They could have kept one paragraph of the same song for every girl… that would have made more sense…
- Harman Baweja’s acting – The guy’s face is dead as a stone. He just can not emote.
- For someone who does not follow Zodiac signs, the characteristics of the girls were not very obvious! Noobie hardly follows zodiac signs, so he kept asking me whats special in her and whats different in her? And I realised there should have been a way to tell each sun sign’s important traits before the introduction of the girl. That ways, the audience would feel more connected.
- The script has its own flaws and has loose ends which show in the movie!
- Unlike Ashutosh’s other movies, this movie lacks substance. It is a light-hearted comedy, but with no message of any sort.
Priyanka’s portrayal of 12 characters (which is a record in its own right) was quite average. She was very good when playing modern characters, while when depicting orthodox girls with accent, she would falter every once in a while. Great effort, nonetheless!
Now, to answer Solilo’s question.. Capri girl is shown not ugly but raw, because she is shown under-age, hence the un made eyebrows and raw look of the girl!
All in all, the movie has its moments. If you have any kind of interest in Zodiacs and if cant think of anything better to do, well.. you can go for this one🙂