Tips to all traveling to the Aussie lands (specifically to Sydney and Melbourne)
- Make sure you call and confirm your hotel bookings before you take off. We suffered a goof-up and its not a good idea to be stranded in a foreign land. I would suggest to go a step further and keep a plan B ready. It would be a good idea to keep the address and phone numbers of your second choice of the hotel
- It is a good idea to buy a sim card, while you are there. It can be as cheap as $2 and will come handy if you have urgent calls to make. Phone booths are quite abundant, but making calls from them very very expensive ($0.50 for 1 min of local calls and 2 secs of International call)
- Most museums/palaces close by 4PM or 5PM. So plan your day accordingly.
- Have a list of restaurants, etc handy in case you have preferences like Gluten-free food or Veggie options. In both places, we had enough veggie options available… but mostly in the CBD area! Rest if you venture into suburbs, it may get difficult finding a decent place to eat! Most restaurants close pretty early too (by 9 PM), so make sure you know the timings beforehand!
- Public transport in Sydney and Melbourne is crazy expensive, so it is probably a good idea to buy weekly/daily travel passes if you are planning to move around a lot on your own!
- It is always advisable to stay in the city area so that you can experience the city life of both the places.
Will keep updating this with any ideas from you guys 🙂 So, let me know what you think 🙂